Friday, February 02, 2018

Doctor follow-up

I went to see the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday for a follow-up.  The stitches were removed by a young man working for the doctor and then he put some tape on each wound the he said will fall of itself in a week or so.
When the doctor came in he asked me where my sling was and I told him it was home the I haven't been wearing it all the time.
He went over what he did at the time of the operation, I asked him about the bicep and he said I had worn out my bicep.  He then showed me a picture of my bicep that looked like a pile of straw.
He did say that he attached what he could back to the bone. I asked if I would be able to worked the muscle back up?  The answer was I could somewhat but the muscle would have no form to it since it had been  shredded so much.  
I will start rehab in a couple of weeks doing the motion exercise.  Then two weeks of the strengthening  exercises.
He said it would be ok to drive and also don't try to do too much until I start the rehab.

So I guess the fun is about to begin.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

The reason for the sling is to give the repairs a chance to heal. If you are supporting the arm with your muscles it won't properly reattach itself. Not wearing it is not helping.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.