Monday, December 11, 2017

Basketball and Eating

Wow was Saturday a good day to watch the College Basketball games with a few upset games it indeed was. I really enjoyed it since three of the games went the way I wanted them to go.

We had our soup day with the  broccoli soup and a sandwich that tasted good for a cool day.

Sunday was a much colder day the temperature starting out at 35*.

I bought us an Instant Pot Cooker and that yesterday was a good day to try it out to see how it would do making cabbage rolls.
I looked at recipes on line and wondering why they all suggested cooking the rice before adding it to the meat. So I added rice to the meat, then rolled it into the steamed cabbage to put in the Instant Pot. Then I added the water and tomato juice to cover all this. Next was to set the timer to 25 minutes.
After the timer went off we waited 5 minutes to take the cabbage rolls out to eat.
I have to say the rice and the meat did all cook together and really tasted good.

Now that sure beats cooking it on the stove top for 4 hours.

Sorry but I was so intent on eating that I forgot to take pictures.

I thought it was cold yesterday morning at 35*.   Well I'm here to tell you I couldn't  believe the temperature when I saw 29*, now that is not suppose to be a Florida temperature.
We come down here in Florida for the winter to stay warm.

Anyway the temperature is going to reach 65* according to the weather report.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  

  

No comments: