Friday, May 26, 2017

The bad and good

yesterday was the day that we finally got under way with our summer trip.
But not for long as I stopped at the Rural King potato chips I opened the door to get out and the steps where sticking out that's isn't good to see.  After getting the potato chips I proceeded to check the steps out and after replacing a couple of wires they still didn't come back in after closing the door.
I checked to see if I had power going to the steps the next thing was to connect the 12 volt directly to the motor. Doing this I found out the motor was good so that's a good sign I put all of my tools up and told Nancy I would check it out more when we get to My brother's house as we will be staying there a few days.
So on with the trip with a nice road along ahead everything nice and smooth.
That was until we got to Homosassa Springs.
Then it was traffic as several towns decided to put in new water lines, so it was slow going at times.
Now this looks like a place to eat and I guess if you are a skinny boy they will still let you eat here.

This is why I like to be off the interstates and on the back roads so much more to see.

This is why I like the back roads such a better slow driving and taking it easy instead of the mad dash of the big highways.
We did make it to Ken's Bar-B-Que where we always stop to eat our evening meal.
On the way I was trying to decide what I would have and opening the door I saw this sign my decision was made.
Nancy's 8oz Ribeye steak with sweet potato fries slaw, garlic bread and coffee.
Here is mine with the fries and diet soda to drink.
After our meal we proceeded to Walmart to spend the night.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day.



 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Hopefully you won't hit a pothole and rip your step off. Most mechanical problems are due to electrical shorts.
We love that area of Crystal River including eating at Ken's Barbecue.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.