Friday, May 05, 2017

Refrigerator Problems

I've been taking a short break from the things that I had scheduled to work on with taking more measuring on the wood to make sure I have everything right. I also have been thinking of the different ways of doing the project.

Thursday morning after writing the blog I noticed the check light was on, on the refrigerator and that's not a good sign. I reset it and soon the check light came back on so I got the volt meter and went outside to see what things looked like in the back of the refrigerator. I checked to see if there was DC power going to the places it should be. Next was checking the AC power which there was power at the plug connection. I then looked at the circuit board to see if there were any sign of places being burned and there wasn't.  I then took out the 5 amp fuse to look at it well it looked good so I checked the continuity with my meter, the fuse was bad. So I installed a new fuse that I had and that cured the problem.

Late in the evening the wind that has been blowing all the time that we have been here pick up in speed and the sky was getting darker so I went out side to raise the patio awning once again.
Its a good thing I did because by the time I was finished the wind was getting more fierce and it began to rain. I did get back inside before it came a down pour.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad you were able to fix your fridge without too much difficulty.
Good thing you got your awning put away before it was damaged.
It seems that the winds are fierce everywhere and it's been that way all year.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.