Friday, April 07, 2017

Awning up again

Thursday the winds continued to blow and slowly through the day pick up in force.
I set up the grill and tried to grill us a sirloin steak but with the wind blowing and me trying to keep the flame going in the grill I soon gave up on the idea. So with the steak only half done after half and hour I shut things down and took it inside where Nancy finished the steak up on the stove. 
She did a great job on the steak and it tasted real good.  After I finished my meal and giving it time to digest a little I was outside.

The weather people had a forecast of strong winds with rain for the night I thought it would be best if I let up the patio awning.  It was a good thing because during the night the winds did get stronger and rocked the motorhome a few times.  We went to sleep during the night with the window open and could hear thunder and see flashes of lightning in the distance.  When the so called storm was upon us there was a lot of thunder and lightning but very little rain but enough that I had to close the window.

Yesterday I went to Winn Dixie to buy a few things that we do not use much of like butter milk for Nancy to fix some corn bread to go with the slaw and "Pinto Beans" we were having for supper.
Now for you folks that don't know what Pinto Beans are you may call them Brown Beans.
Call them what you may they sure do taste good with some onions, corn bread and slaw which Nancy's way of fixing them always taste real good.

The winds were still blowing to much to let out the awning so it stayed in the up position.
I may let it down today if the winds die down some today.

Speaking of today when we woke up this morning the temperature was 55* and is just going to be in the 70's today. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.   


1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad everything is going well with Nancy's eyes and that you are slowly making your summertime travel plans.
Watch out for that wind, it seems to be following us.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.