Wednesday, December 28, 2016

John Chesnut Park

We did get out yesterday and were off to John Chesnut Park. It has been a while since we have visited the park and I have to say even though it was warm we enjoyed it.
We were disappointed as we walked across the wooden bridge to the picnic area you could hardly see the water with all the vegetation growing in it.
But when we got to the Tarpon Lake we could see some small alligators about two feet long. They were moving slow maybe trying to sneak up on something.  They were small but I'd say they could sure put a bite on you.
I guess the old black bird was looking for a bug on the lily pad?
Some of the trees had the yellow flowers bloomed out on them.
Yeah the ever present squirrels were there jumping and skipping around.
The big blue lake sure looked good and cool.  No sir I didn't stick my hand in it to find out, might bring up a stub with those gators swimming around. I could tell by the breeze that was coming off the lake that it was cool.

Joe and I walked around on the boardwalk quite a distance while Nancy sat on a bench in the shade waiting on us.  I could tell I'm out off shape because that wore me out.

On the way back home we stopped at the Steak and Shake to get us some supper because it was getting late and we were getting hungry.

When we got back home we fell in our chairs to rest or maybe from eating to much.  We watched a little tv and was on our computers for a little and that the way our day ended.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.






No comments: