Friday, August 12, 2016

Iron Ridge Campground

Wednesday after getting ready and getting on the road it looked as though it would rain because it stayed cloudy all day long.
 
We drove along and after an hour and a half we were crossing the mighty Ohio river into Ohio.
Taking route 52 south for several mile my GPS had me to turn off for the campground we planned on staying for a couple or so days.
 
Well as goes some times with following the directions of the GPS it lead me down the wrong road.
This has happened before for me traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway some months back.
Anyway after taking the car loose from the motorhome and turning the motorhome around in someone's driveway(there's never a place large enough to turn with the car on the motorhome) I connected the car and finally got on the right road.
I did manage to find a campground in the Wayne National Forest. You will notice I said a campground and not the campground I thought I was going to.
There are three different campground here at the Vesuvius Lake.
We are in the Iron Ridge Campground  where the cell phone and the two WIFI hotspots are hit and miss or next to non existent.
I tried putting some photos on but with the signal here they would never load up so I will do that when we get to another place.  Just lucky to be able to post in the blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Glad to read that you are still enjoying your travel. Hoping the heat is not bothering you too badly. Doing some catching up on my reading.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.