Thursday, September 10, 2015

Country Roads

Yesterday Nancy and I drove out around the area to see if we could find some new scenery.
We did get on a road that we had not been on and saw some old barns which I love to see.
This looked like an old house.
Even though this area in the Smoky Mountains has mountains there are still wide open fields.
We soon came upon a small road as we were driving came around a curve and this is what we saw that we drove through. I've seen covered bridges but I think this is one of a few that I have driven through on a country road.
After going through the covered bridge and around a curve this is the scene that was facing us. I thought I was in the twilight zone in a book about the old back country roads.
Tree in the road between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
We were soon out of the twilight zone and back in Pigeon Forge where they are having Shades of the Past with old cars ling the street.
I like to look at all the old cars and trucks.
Nancy and I had a nice day riding around.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.


No comments: