Monday, December 23, 2013

Almost Christmas time

Its looking like Christmas around the park with all the lights that are up on the street.
If you have lights up watch so you won't overload the circuit.  I think thats what I did. Even though I had less lights than the previous years. Last night we were watching tv and everything went off. So I go out to check the breaker,sure enough the breaker had done what it was suppose to do. I flipped the breaker on and nothing came on,but out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash under the house. Wow,the breaker didn't kick off but we didn't have power. we only have 30 amps on the little place so I thought the main line had shot into. So I turned the breaker off and said that is work for tomorrow. Checking it out this morning,it was in the main line. Whoever did the wiring left the original plug on the wiring and added a short wire with a 30amp receptacle and just plugged it up. That worked for a short time but finally got too hot and shorted out. 
I cut out the wiring and did a hard splice of the wiring,so everything is ok now.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 

No comments: