Friday, May 10, 2013

12 volt batteries

I got the batteries installed and all wiring connected. Everything looks all set to go concerning the batteries. The batteries are showing a little over 13 volts so the solar panels are at rest with no amps going into the batteries.
I would have liked to have a couple of 6 volt batteries,but I don't have the room so the 12's will have to do. Anyway we have got along well with the 12's all these years.
A late update on the LED lights that I had on the 9 volt battery. After they were on 24/7 for 14 days I took them off. The lights were begining to dim somewhat. But I proved to myself that the LED lights are the way to go in a rv if you want to save on battery power.
Today we will be going to the St Pete Airport to pick up our daughter Sherry. She is coming down to help us pack the motorhome and be with us for maybe a month. 

No comments: