Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pizzza and LED lights

Yesterday I had to  go out and buy some more bird seeds for all my little wild animal friends. I found out that the little critters are kind of fussy about what they eat. The best seeds that tey prefer are the ones from Ace Hardware.
On the way back from buying the bird seed I stopped to get us a pizza from Little Caesar's. We have our pizza day on wednesday,because that is when they have their special price of $4.75 including tax.
I saw another fender bender on the way back home.
I bought some of the 12 volt led string lights off of Ebay to use in the motorhome and maybe here in the house. There are 300 lights to a string and you can cut every 3 lights to make up whatever you want. Even though the lights are 12 volt they will light up with a 9 volt battery.  They do not use very many amps so that saves battery power.
I wanted to experiment and see how little power that they do use,so I cut a string of 6 lights and connect them to a 9 volt battery. This was one of the 9 volt batteries from Dollar Tree the Sunbeam brand.  I wasn't expecting it to last very long. But this set of 6 led lights have been burning for 81 continuous hours. So on a 12 volt rv battery they will be very good. Of course a string of 6 are only good for maybe a night light. I thought by doing this it might be of some use for someone considering buying the led lights.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: