Monday, December 31, 2012

56 years

WOW,fifty-six years ago today Nancy and I at 18 and 17 years of age went to the Mingo county court house and got married. we went into the county clerks office and told him we wanted to get married. He said it would be $5.00. Not a big fancy wedding but a marriage that has lasted thru the rough and good times. We had people that told us it wouldn't last being married that young. It may not,but we will keep working at it.
We will go out some place later on and have a nice dinner. Then as we always do this evening we will be making cabbage rolls for tomorrows meal.
Saturday I watched a football and basketball game and lost both of them. I won't tell you which teams,but let you know I'm from West Virginia and always liked Kentucky Wildcat basketball,enough said.
How about you will you be doing the same this New Years Eve? 
Whatever you are doing please be safe,I need all you readers and thanks for being with me this year. I hope we can share another year together.
Happy New Year and have a great day.   

1 comment:

Alberta Dude said...

Wow! 56 years ago, good for you!