Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last road day

After a good nights sleep at the Walmart lot,we got ready and got on I-75 south again.
After 15-20 minutes we came to the Florida Welcome Center where I pulled in so I could empty our trash can with the two days of trash we had.
After that it was back down the interstate.
We ran into a cloud of love bugs that really made a mess of the windshield.
I got off of I-75 at exit 399 and took 441 south. did I ever tell you I like traveling on other roads over the interstate highways?
The route took us by the University of Florida where there were bikes and small motor scooters lining the streets.
One of a few drive in theatres in the USA. I can remember those evenings and nights at the drive in with the kids on top of the station wagon.
You don't get this kind of view from the interstate highways. Those trees with the hanging moss are breathtaking as you pass under them. So much more to see on the smaller roads.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.




No comments: