Friday, April 27, 2012

Well we are on the road for the summer. We got rather a late start-3:30pm.
You are bound to run into road construction when you travel,but not within 20 miles of when you start.
This was some side road off rt.19. The road was lined with the yellow flowers.
Even fields of them. It was like the sun was shining more here,simply beautiful.
Like always I stay off the interstate as much as possible,because the scenery is better. You can never see the old court houses in the small towns from the interstat hiway.
We stopped at a small shopping plaza in Live Oak,Florida where we ate dinner at Kens Bar B-Q. I took the special for the day which was 8oz. NY strip with fries and cole slaw at the price of $9.95. Am I glad I did,it was the best steak I have eaten and I have downed a bunch of them.
After dinner we found the Walmart and settled in for the night for some needed rest. It is great to be back on the road.
Thanks for stopping by and stay well my friends.



No comments: