Thursday, July 07, 2011

Rockingham,North Carolina

I had a very hard time hooking up the car yesterday. Maybe after sitting a month I'm a little rusty doing it. I did get the car all connected and off we went at around 11:30.  I stopped and bought gas at $3.39 a gallon because after checking Gasbuddy I knew I wouldn't be getting it any cheaper where we were going. 
The sun was shining when we left the campground the after going through a rain storm the sun came back out. So I pulled over in a wide spot beside the road for a bite to eat.  The old house in the picture was across from where we were eating our lunch. Someone was no doubt proud of this house at one time and it was full of memories of past times for them.    

As we got near Rockingham, we could see another storm with flashes of lightning. We did drive into it and this one was more intense than the one we were in earlier.
We made it to the Walmart which allowed overnight parking so we spent the night. 

No comments: