Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Much Needed Walking


Nancy and I for some reason are too much behind on our walking.  We usually try to walk four to five miles a day and now we are down to two miles and even less.  Believe me when I tell you we can feel the difference in our body and bones because of this.  Yesterday we did go out to the James Grey Preserve to walk. 

We like to walk out in the "woods". Here is part of the trail around the river. There is a boardwalk along this river also.

We like the scenery in the park,it looks like a real jungle in parts of it.  For those of you that remember the "Tarzan Movies" this reminds me of those movies. I told Nancy I could just see Tarzan diving out of a tree into the river.

If you get tired of walking there are plenty of benches along the way to sit and rest the legs until you are ready to go again.  We do see peole here fishing in the river from time to time.

This is also a good place for the kayakers to paddle along the lazy river.

Here is the launch where the boaters and those that have kayaks get into the river.  There is a sign that has no swimming because of the occasional alligator. Believe it or not we have seen a few that goes swimming here.  They are braver or crazier than I am.
We had a nice walk and felt better for doing it.

No comments: