Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beach Day

Yesterday the morning was cool,but slowly warming up. So with the forcast for 76* I ask Nancy if she would like to go down to Fred Howard Park to walk then lay on the beach and get some sun. Of course her answer was "yes". We got to the park and started our walking and it was rather cool with the breeze coming off the gulf water. We were thinking it might be to cool for us on the beachside. But never the less we were going to take a chance and try it. So off we go,
When we go to this park we have to cross a draw bridge. I have never been stopped here for a boat going thru and the bridge being up and I've not seen anyone in the little building that operates the draw bridge,so I don't know the story on that.
After getting across the causeway to the island there were people on the bayside enjoying the water and sun.

On the gulf side the beach was really crowded,I guess due to the last few days being cool and then the nice sunny day. We got out of the car and with Nancy carrying the beach bag and I the two loungers off we went to find an empty spot to spread out. So we streched out in our chairs and was surprised that it was nice and comfortable "ahhh". We spent the next couple of hour this way before it was time to head back home.
It was getting about the time of day we usually eat so I stopped at the ABC Pizza place. Today was their $4.99 special spaghetti plate. This place has good cheese baked on spaghetti.
On the way home we stopped in the Winn Dixie store and bought some groceries for an Easter dinner. Yep thats what I said Easter dinner. Nancy was wanting to fix me an Easter dinner last Sunday but the way things turned out that day it didn't happen so she still wants to fix the dinner and of course its fine with me.
After we got home we and put all the things away it was another walk around the park for a total of 7 miles for the day. Man we have racked up the mileage the last 3 days.


No comments: