Saturday, January 26, 2008

Exploring Again

It looked like it was going to clear up yesterday,so we took off again. We stopped in at Key Vista Park.
The sun was shining through the trees as we walked toward the gulf water. The path is not asphalt as some are that we walk on. Nancy prefers the hard paths as for me I like the more wilderness type of path.
We got to the water and saw that it was much better than the other day that was so foggy you could hardly see the water. The sun yesterday was nice and bright and made the water look so blue with the blue skies above.
There was no mistaking that this is the Florida that you have pictures of in your mind. We walked on the small beach up and down as far each way we could until a small stream or canal cut us off.

We took the trail back and as we were walking I saw this bird. I didn't know it was watching me also,that is until I saw how sharp its eyes was focused in the picture. You can click on the photo for a larger view and see what I'm talking about.
Along the pathe further I saw this shadow pass over us and looked up to see this bird in a nest. I think this is an osprey. It was still building on the nest. There were two large ones in the nest,They may have had some small ones also but I didn't see them. One of the birds flew ot of the nest and it had a small fish in its claws. We stood there for some time just watching with interest.
Today our friends Earl and Lena are coming over,we are going to to big"USA Flea Market"on rt.19.
Every once in a while I see some of the people that have websites mention about how their google ads do not get the clicks and how that really hurts their income from the commision of the clicks that all of us depend on to keep our sites up. I know it hurts them more than it does me because they have probably as many visitor in one day as I do in a month. I usually only have less than 10 clicks a day.




No comments: